General Payment Policies:
- A non-refundable registration fee per
student is required yearly at time of registration. $50 for new students. $35
for returning students.
- Tuition is to be paid in full or by signing a contract (paid monthly in the form of post-dated checks dated for the first of each month from September – May or by credit card charged each month). If there is no payment on file by the first class, students will not be able to participate in class until payment method is received.
- Payments received after the posted
due dates will be charged a late fee of $10.00 + GST per week.
- There is a $25.00 charge for any
payments returned NSF & $5.00 charge for each declined credit card attempts. (the system will try 5 times)
- Students will not be permitted to
participate in any classes if there are any outstanding fees.
- All fees are subject to change.
Withdrawals and Refunds:
- Withdrawal from classes are subject to a $35.00 withdrawal fee during the probationary period.
- Withdrawals must be done in person by the parent and a withdrawal form filled out. Withdrawals will NOT be accepted over the phone.
- Probationary period is between September 1st & October 31st of the present year. NO REFUNDS are issued after this period. The client can withdraw from lessons in writing after this date, but still assumes responsibility for all outstanding balances including tuition fees for the entire year that runs September – May.
- Pride Muay Thai reserves the right to terminate lessons to any student without notice. In such case a refund for unused tuition may be given depending on situation.
Uniforms & Protective Gear
- All students MUST wear required uniforms and proper protective gear for all lessons.
- All gear must be brought to every class.
- Students forgetting their uniform or protective gear may be asked to sit out of the lesson.
- We require full payment before students can take gear home.
- Full payment of equipment is to be maid at registration.
- Make-up classes can be available for students who attend less than 3 times a week.
- No refunds are given for missed classes. (This includes injuries, illness or other extra-curricular or school activities such as ski trips, band trips, spring breaks, sports, etc.)
- Students will be given make-up lessons for classes missed due to scheduled events that would force the school to close.
Extreme Weather or Unexpected Interruption of Lessons:
- If the school must cancel lessons due to extreme weather or events beyond our control such as power outages, then make-up classes may be scheduled and parents will be notified. No refunds for lessons missed due to these reasons will be given.
Substitutions/Care of Students:
- The school reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to attend a lesson.
- If a teacher is ill and the school cannot arrange a substitute any missed lessons will be made up.
- The school is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students. Students are not to be left at the school for excessive time before or after lessons.
Parent’s Responsibility to be Aware of Dates and Events:
- It is the responsibility of the parents to be aware of school activities such as parent observations dates and dates the school is open and closed. The school will post notices on the bulletin board as well as emailing and posting to the website. It is the parent’s responsibility to regularly check this board/email/website to ensure they are informed.
- It is also the responsibility of the parents or to inform the school of any address, telephone number or email change.
- Parents are responsible to inform the school about classes that the student will be missing either by email or phone call to the front desk.
- Parents and legal guardians of minor students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on club property resulting from normal lesson activity or any other activity conducted by the students before, during or after lesson time.
- Students who take a leave of absence due to injury can schedule make up classes as long as there are classes available. There are no refunds for missed classes and monthly tuition is still to be paid.
- Students who must withdraw from lessons due to medical reasons must provide a doctor's note and their tuition fees will be credited towards next year’s fees.
- Pride Muay Thai is hereby granted permission to take video/photographs of the students to use in brochures, web sites, posters, advertisements and other promotional materials the school creates. Permission is also hereby granted for the school to copyright such photographs in its name.
- All school information is sent via email, notes and/or by newsletters. This information is also posted on our lobby board and the website. Please ensure that we have a valid email address for you so that you receive important details & invoices in a timely fashion.
- We encourage all students to practice at home, however, students are NOT to hit, punch, or kick another human or animal. Practice by means of shadowboxing or by the way the instructors have taught them.
- If the instructor has found out that the student has used his weapons, the student may be suspended from classes for a period of time.
- Please put all outside shoes on the shelves provided in the entrance. This reduces the risk of injury and helps keep dirt from being tracked in and damaging our floors.
- A separate pair of outdoor runners should be brought to class in case we go outdoors.
Food & Drink:
- There is no eating allowed in the gym. Students may bring a snack to eat after class only.
- Only bottled water is allowed in the gym
- NO GUM OR CANDY IN THE GYM.
- While instances of disruptive behaviour or derogatory comments are extremely rare, we must point out that such behaviour from students/parents will not be tolerated at PRIDE Muay Thai.
- Absolutely NO aggressive or disrespectful behavior.
- Continued issues may result in a student being asked to leave the class, parents being notified and in extreme cases; being asked to permanently leave the school.
- Students must wear body deodorant or some form of deodorizing agent.
- Students must attempt to keep proper dental maintenance (i.e. – regular brushing and fresh breath)
- Students must keep proper maintenance of their finger and toe nails.
- Students must wear odour free clothing at the beginning of every class.
Attendance / Lateness:
- Good attendance is essential to the success of the student, as classes are reviewed, but not re-taught.
- If a student is more than 10 minutes late for class, they will participate at the teachers’ discretion. The beginning of class is very important to ensure that a proper warm-up and stretch is done to reduce the risk of injuries. Please arrive with enough time to ensure you are ready when class starts.
- Repeated lateness may result in termination of lessons. A minimum attendance level will be required. If a student misses more than 6 classes without written notices, the school reserves the right to terminate lessons.
- Students missing more than 6 classes after January may not be allowed to participate in any year-end competitions.
- There must be six or more students in a class for it to run. Classes that do not meet the minimum requirement will be combined or cancelled at the discretion of PRIDE Muay Thai.
- Schedule is subject to change.
- No talking in class while the instructor is talking.
- Protective gear is mandatory and is the responsibility of the student to bring it to classes or the student will not be allowed to participate in class.