These rules are common in most martial arts gyms, they have been put in place for your safety and to maintain a level of respect for the instructors and other members.
1. Absolutely NO aggressive or disrespective behaviour. (See policy #4)
2. No outdoor footwear in the gym, no exceptions! (See policy #7)
3. No talking while instructor is talking.
4. Do not be late for class. (See policy #5)
5. Observe proper hygiene. (See policy #6)
6. Always sanitize and put away equipment after use.
7. No admittance into the gym until a liability waiver and member card has been signed. (See Policy #1)
Please see our Club Etiquette rules posted in the gym.
#1 - Membership Fees, Cards & Waivers
All Membership Fees must be paid at time of registration. 1 and 3 month memberships must be paid in full. 6 month and 1 year membership may be paid in full or paid monthly by signing a commitment agreement. This is a binding contract. Contracts must filled out at time of registration or membership renewal. If you choose to be on contract, the first month is to be paid in full and you must provide a credit card or post-dated checks payable to Pride Muay Thai and dated for the first of each month. Emails will be sent out to remind you that your payment will be deposited on the first of the upcoming month. There is a $25.00 charge if your cheque is return NSF. If you cannot make your payment on the first of the month, you will be charged a $10.00 late fee per week.
All members must fill out and sign a release of liability waiver and indemnity. No one is permitted to enter the gym area until signed by both the member and a club representative.
#2 - Refunds
Because of the nature of our business, we do NOT offer refunds under any circumstances. This includes medical issues, vacations, injuries, etc. What we can do is suspend your membership for up to 3 months (must provide a written note and fill out a request form), or you may transfer your membership to someone else.
#3 - Suspensions
Suspensions are only given for injury, medical leave or work travel and must provide proof. Members must fill out a suspension request form as soon as possible as suspensions do not start until the form is submitted and approved. Students can suspend their membership up to a maximum of three months and are limited to how many times they can suspend their membership based on the length of their membership.
- 1 Month & 3 Month memberships can be suspended 1 time for a max of 3 months.
- 6 Month & 1 Year memberships can be suspended 2 times for a max of 3 months.
Monthly memberships payments will either still be processed or put on hold depending on payment method. Suspension policies differ for youth programs as the program is run differently from adult memberships. Please see youth policies here.
#4 - Behavior
Pride will NOT tolerate any aggressive, disrespectful, rude, unethical or violent behavior. Any members that instigate a fight or seem to be in altercations frequently will be suspended from the club indefinitely.
This rule apple to ALL members, even fighters! A true fighter knows that aggressive and violent behavior will not get you the win.. it's the passion, respect, integrity and dedication of the sport that will get them to excellence.
#5 - Attendance
All members must sign in before entering the gym.
Lateness - Do not be late for class! It is disrespectful to the instructor and interruptive to the students. If lateness is an occurring event, the instructor may ask you to complete 100 push ups in front of class. If you are going to late, please notify the instructor ahead of time.
#6 - Hygiene
1. Students must wear body deodorant or some form of deodorizing agent.
2. Students must attempt to keep proper dental maintenance (i.e. - regular brushing and fresh breath).
3. If necessary, students should bring a second set of workout clothes and a towel to wipe sweat.
4. Students must keep proper maintenance of their nails (fingernail and toenails should be kept short!).
5. Students must wear clothing that is washed and odour free at the beginning of every class.
6. Out of respect for fellow students no shirtlessness, over exposure of cleavage or of underwear.
#7 - Shoes
All outdoor footwear must be removed before entry into the gym. Please place outdoor footwear on the shoe racks in the designated area. NO muddy footwear inside the facility.. please leave muddy shoes outside.
Indoor and separate outdoor runners should be brought to the gym everyday, as we may periodically run outside if weather is permitted.